Random Thoughts 9

Monday, December 06, 2010

- “Destructive activities also tend to leave you feeling compelled to continue rather than feeling in control of your decision”

- I learned a lot about addiction today, a big thing being that it releases dopamine in your brain, and dopamine causes “tunnel vision” of sorts, where you really just don’t think about the whole picture. I have seen when this happens in myself, and I need to be careful.

- So I think I have some sort of expectation that if I don’t make a girl laugh a lot, she’s not having fun and thus won’t enjoy being around me. I’m thinking this isn’t very accurate, although I’m good at making girls laugh in group settings, the majority of my social interactions is one on one, and we generally have deeper conversations with less laughing. Despite this, girls seem to enjoy my company. I need to change my expectations.

Tuesday, December 07, 2010

- ‎"There's a reason God gave us 2 ears and only 1 mouth, listening is twice as important as talking. But, He gave us 10 fingers! He must really want us to poke things!!!!!”

Wednesday, December 08, 2010

- Oooh, note to self: find a tape recorder and tape Jason talking to himself for an hour so you have proof/examples for other people.

Thursday, December 09, 2010

- “The right to be right (in your manager’s eyes or in your government’s eyes) is irrelevant; only the right to be wrong makes you free” – Peopleware 135

- A thought inspired by The Way of Kings (excellent read!) but if someone consistently and reliably acts in a way different then who they supposedly are, when do they cross the line of officially becoming the person they are pretending to be?...

Saturday, December 11, 2010

- “Nothing is less productive than to make more efficient what should not be done at all.” -Peter Drucker

- Well, most of my week has been dominated by finishing my last assignments, working on my resume, and brainstorming about the WoW contract posted below.

No comments:

Post a Comment