Wednesday, May 11, 2011
- 152.8 miles since the temple (went last night)! Oh yeah! And we did sealings with Brother Litster, he was amazing. I loved it more than my endowments haha.
Friday, May 13, 2011
- Started listening to the Miracle of Forgiveness while driving. There was a great quote along the lines of “we can’t just hope for circumstances to help us avoid sin, we must create them.”
- I had the thought my friends who can’t seem to find peace but continually struggle with pornography need to break free. They are perfect examples of Mormon 2:13 “for their sorrowing was not unto repentance, because of the goodness of God; but it was rather the sorrowing of the damned, because the Lord would not always suffer them to take happiness in sin.”
- So I’ve been bailed on by 3 different women in a single 7 day period, and I was kinda frustrated with women because of it. I don’t have enough time to spend time with everyone I’d like to spend time with. Is it lame of me if I make even less time for girls whom I’m pretty sure I have no dating potential with?
Saturday, May 21, 2011
- 715 Miles before the temple. Thus far I’ve successfully gone once a week every week since my endowment :D I hope I can keep it up forever. This was a Tuesday-Saturday gap though, I’ll bet if I go the same night every week (thinking Wednesday or Thursday) it’d be around 500 miles regularly.
Sunday, May 22, 2011
- So it’s been an interesting week at work. My team leads boss, Darek, the only person at work who still intimidates me for some reason, even though he has done or said nothing to make him so that I can think of, has been out for 10 days at various things. Tuesday, Andy, my team lead, asked how fast I can get my stuff done, stuff he’s been telling me wasn’t due for weeks yet, I told him like 2 weeks. The next day he quit! Nobody knew he was going to haha. We’ve reworked everything down to 1 week hopefully, and then the day after memorial day I’m taking a week off to finally have the damage done years ago to my urinary tract surgically repaired. (the source of my “I can’t stop the bleeding, but besides that I’m fine!” story)
Thursday, May 26, 2011
- 359.6 temple miles. I need a cool name for this…
Friday, June 03, 2011
- So my favorite Christmas song, I celebrate the day by Relient K, says “from the first time that you opened your eyes did you realize that you would be my savior?” Which is a kind of fun thought/question. But we know the answer! D&C 93 states a bunch of times that “He received not a fullness at first”, and that’s quoted by Christ about Himself!
- Am I needier than I need to be? The one night I spent in the hospital after my recent surgery we needed one more pillow for my 4 pillow set up, and my mom offered to give me hers, she said she could do without. We ended up finding another pillow anyway, but I had a thought like, “wait, so Mom is going to sleep in discomfort so I don’t have to? At what point am I being super picky when I could just be a bit uncomfortable like everyone else?” I’m not expressing this well… So I get uncomfortable sometimes if I lay on my back too long. In the hospital they used to roll me every 2 hours so I wouldn’t get pressure sores. So when I’m uncomfortable I ask to roll because I assume it’s a pressure sore developing. But where’s the line of when it’s a medically good idea, or I’m just being extra picky? I’m pretty sure I do a decent job of staying towards the medical necessity side, but still…
- hmm, I had a note in here that said “last temple visit” that’s supposed to remind me of a thought I had, but I don’t remember what it was about haha.
- Ok, so I spent most my week laying on my side after the surgery ‘cuz I have to keep pressure off the incision. There’s not a lot of things one can do while laying on their side. I started playing this turn based space conquest game called Galactic Civilizations 2. Great replay value, it’s one of those games where everything is randomly generated. Anyway, I was up until 3 AM two nights in a row playing. Not ok! Haha, with WoW if midnight struck and I was like “meh, I’ve got nothing going tomorrow, I might as well keep playing.” An alarm would go off in my head and say “NOOO!! You’re justifying! Turn it off NOW!” and I would (also note, I haven’t played WoW since the end of April. My subscription is inactive even). Anyway my “you’re addicted! Turn it off!” alarm is more powerful with WoW specifically, so I didn’t heed it when I had the same thought with Galactic Civilizations, but I think I need to heed it regardless of the game.
Saturday, June 04, 2011
- 242.6 mile temple visit today, kinda cheated though. I had the bladder surgery on Tuesday and can’t sit in my chair for long before the incision starts to hurt. And I didn’t want to leave in the middle of an endowment session or anything, so I decided to come read my scriptures on the temple ground. I probably won’t let doing this count every time, but today it’s the best I can do. Also, like 30 of those miles weren’t actually me, they were taking the car for repairs and back haha.
- A random thing I’ve noticed from having various CNA’s, different people but very different amounts of toothpaste on their toothbrush. I put relatively little. When you see commercials put a massive chunk of toothpaste on the toothbrush, is that really how you do it?...
Tuesday, June 07, 2011
- D&C 101:5, we can’t be ‘sanctified’ (perfected) if we don’t endure chastisement.
- Went to the Oquirrh temple, 140.8 miles (shortest ever!). The Jordan River is closed for 2 weeks. Note: Oquirrh is slightly less wheelchair friendly haha.
Wednesday, June 08, 2011
- I think I know more people with multiple jobs than with no job.
Saturday, June 11, 2011
- So, darkness isn’t actually something, right? It’s simply the absence of light. If there’s no light, the natural state of a room is dark. I was talking to Marie, and the subject of being bored came up. She said “why should I bored?” like there was no reason to be bored. And it got me thinking, for me, if there’s no reason not to be bored, that’s when I’m usually bored (as a kid anyway. I haven’t been bored in quite a while now…) but to her, if there was no stimulus, her natural state was content. For me, if there was no stimulus, my natural state was likely bored. It made me think about friends who are depressed unless there’s a reason to be happy. Me I’m happy unless there’s reason to be sad. So if there was nothing going on in both lives, one would be depressed and one would be happy (but possibly bored haha). It was just interesting to me how different people can be. The same circumstances (absence of circumstances counts as a circumstance in this context) can have such a different effect on different people.
Friday, June 17, 2011
- Realization! When I play video games it’s usually a waste of time overall and makes me a bit more bland (this isn’t news). Reading a book seems similarly useless to those around me, but! Usually it makes my hyper. More worth it!! still just a leisure activity…
Saturday, June 18, 2011
- 750.8 Temple miles. Draper Temple this time, I liked it a lot J. It’s also funny the contrast between how helpful some people are, and how some people freak out and don’t know what to do.
Sunday, June 19, 2011
- So I’m hitting a point where I’m really feeling the… weight? Uselessness? Something… of not progressing my life. I like the feeling of progression, I knew that’s something I’d miss when I graduated, and right now I miss it. My life goals have been pretty much “get to the point where you can support a family, and start a family.” Well, I got to the first one, and the second one I don’t have much control over (I’m still dating, that’s about all I can do.) So really all I’ve been doing the last few months is working, and going to the temple every week, both good things to do, but both of which to me are more like just survival, and not progression. Yes I’m accumulating money, which is good I guess, but money just isn’t a motivator for me. I guess to me the sole purpose of money is to provide for yourself and a family, without a family it’s kind of pointless, and I don’t need this much just for myself. Anyway, I’m not the type to mope for long, I like to take action, so I’m looking into moving out again sooner rather than later, and going back for my masters degree.