Sunday, January 16, 2011
- “I can’t take this 10 more times” “can you hold in there today?” “yes” “that’s all you have to do today.”
- Unofficially saving seats for friends in church can be hard sometimes. When someone comes and just starts to sit down you don’t want to be like “wait! Sorry! I have better friends than you coming, you’ll have to go elsewhere.” Funny that I was thinking of this today when I sat alone in the back again. What’s wrong with me on Sundays lately?
- I need to find non-computer activities to do. Even learning/practicing programming and job hunting are good things I do that I never even need to leave my doorway for. It would actually be really nice to clean my room or do my laundry alone. I’ll try shopping alone…
Monday, January 17, 2011
- Ward activities, I need to attend my ward activities, my pat blessing even says so. I used to think of people who came regularly to church but not activities as active members but not people who wanted to be part of ward family social. Maybe others view me that way too.
Saturday, January 22, 2011
- Went to the institute fireside Friday, it was great! The speaker was a relationship coach, and hilarious. Anyway he talked about smoke kills 95% of the time and only 5% of fire deaths are by the fire. When arguing, people will be like “why can’t I buy a $400 purse? You bought a $370 golf bag!” “$370 isn’t $400!” “it is if you’re rounding!” etc etc. Here they’re arguing about bags, rounding, money, etc, but this is just arguing about smoke, what needs to be taken care of is the fire. He listed 7 categories that are the root cause, or the fire, that most smoke arguments are derived from. They are, safety, trust, appreciation, respect, validation, encouragement, dedication.
Sunday, January 23, 2011
- Hunger makes people ornery, even Lehi got grumpy when he was hungry 1 Nephi 16:20.
- “Watch out for people who act weird – they may not be acting.”
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
- I’m really looking forward to working. My singleness has been pressing on me powerfully lately and it’s not fun. Work should be a good thing to focus on.
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
- I LOVE INSTITUTE! Sister Terry is amazing! I take a notepad page of notes every time. Stuff that hit me hardest this time:
- We were talking about what people think the Celestial Kingdom will be like, class members used a lot of words like “color” “mansions” “gold” “light” etc. I realized when I “picture” the Celestial Kingdom, I don’t picture the streets or walls or anything like that. You know when you see an amazing friend that you haven’t seen in forever and you can just feel the love and excitement? I just picture seeing someone and feeling that. The Celestial Kingdom is definitely more that feeling to me than any landscape or architectural mastery.
- I can’t feel the spirit in my apartment, not while any room mates are awake anyway, and sometimes not even while alone in the apt. It’s hard to meditate without feeling the spirit. HOWEVER! I remembered today that my van is a wonderful place to meditate/feel the spirit. I plan to spend a lot more time in my van, even for no reason.
- BUSY. Gotta keep busy, I’m not doing that well enough. Sister Terry was joking about how if you keep yourself busy there’s no time to sin. But it’s true, it’s when I’m idle that I feel the most lame/lonely, or I’m most tempted to do something stupid. But when I’m busy there’s no time to drift into carnal security.