Random Thoughts

So I found that I seem to have my most interesting thoughts while driving in my car. However, even ones that I intend to write down rarely got recorded because once I got to my destination, I would then be distracted by room mates, homework, family, etc... This made me sad. So lately, upon arriving at my destination, before exiting my car I open my computer and write my thought down.

I thought I'd share them with you. Some are lame, some turned into longer thoughts ("Simple, Average, Intelligent" and "Rant about women".)

Random life thoughts

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

-As a consistent repeat customer of fast food places, I’ve found the workforce in any given fast food restaurant changes very frequently.

-I cut my average food spending by 30% this month. Take THAT dating!

-It hit me today that one day, Google will fall from glory. It’s not something I’m looking forward too, to my knowledge right now everything about them is great. I can’t possibly imagine how they’d fall, or what could be ‘better’, but the point is they probably will. People couldn’t picture anything better than gigantic mainframe computers, anything better than basic cell phones, where the crap did Facebook come from? It’s amazing we even care about it! New ideas will come, as they always do. I’m just very curious what will dethrone Google.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

-Happiness is a choice we make through the choices we take

-How unproductive can a Corby be in a single day? I feel like I’m trying to set a record today, and it’s only 10:00 AM, and I’m not even using video game assisted time wasting techniques.

Monday, October 04, 2010

-It would be a lot easier to enjoy the rain if I was fatter (didn’t get so thoroughly cold so easy) and ditched my laptop.

-The first girl who shows interest in Jason, he will either scare away by being too clingy, or he will get upset at how “they don’t care about me” (which means they won’t always pick up on/choose to react to his needyness) and he’ll give up.

Wednesday, October 06, 2010

-You can learn a lot about someone by their Facebook status updates. If I was hiring someone, I’d be very interested to see their last 20 status updates. Business/app idea?...

Thursday, October 07, 2010

-A debt collection agency took a debtor to court and got their money out of him by showing that he recently posted pictures of his new corvette. The radio show was recommending things not to put on your Facebook so places like this can’t hold them against you, but I’m pretty sure the real safe bet is PAY YOUR DEBTS!! Or stay out of them. Yeesh society!

-What other kind of stuff can people derive and use from Facebook though?

-You should figure out how to write a Facebook app that datamines the last 20 facebook status’s. Apparently the interface is not that difficult.

-I got asked by Professor Knutson to join his Seqoia research lab today, to research stuff that interests me. What interests me?
-Somehow I changed from someone content to play WoW 8 hours a day, to someone who is interested in reading things like the psychological reprocussions of facebook, how did that happen? How could I study this?
- what kind of conclusions about people can one datamine from social networking?
- Social structure of a software development team
-Kjersti thinks I should be a ‘computer psychologist’

-"Simple, Average, Intelligent" was written here.

-What break downs DO I believe are more absolute than others?
-“there are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don’t.” – yep.
-“2 types, people who never feel like they’re enough (humble, low self worth) and people who never feel like they’re doing as much as they can (prideful, confident)” – mostly true as a primary characteristic in my opinion, but people dabble in both feelings.
-“2 types, givers and takers” – not true to generalize. I mostly feel like a giver but I have taker moments. Jason is the reverse.

- I love class google groups, they are so useful for getting help, and for giving assistance, which makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

Friday, October 08, 2010

-It’s funny how the back of your head becomes itchy magically after realizing you’re raising your hand for no reason, or that you don’t actually know the person you’re waving at.

-I’ve found having people who understand and agree with your ideas is very valuable, even if they don’t bring new ideas to the table.

Monday, October 11, 2010

-I’ve concluded I won’t be getting married anytime soon. I really need to be at peace with this. I don’t like hanging out and thinking it’s a waste of time because there isn’t a girl there I’m trying to woo.

- So I have a friend who developed alopecia, which is when hair stops growing anywhere on your body and falls out. She made the comment that it's much harder to tell if a fly is walking on your arm (apparently we normally notice it disturbing our arm hair, even if it's just the peach fuzz variety) and that when she gets a runny nose, there's nothing to stop it so it just drips out. Yum.
That being said, I've never found blowing my nose very useful. Pretty much nothing comes out. Also, the hair on my head is undeniably some of the thickest hair people I know have ever encountered, including my sister, and she cuts hair for a living. So I had the thought, I wonder if my nose hair is also thicker? And thus hangs on more powerfully? So blowing my nose is less effective? The end.

-The first step is to accept the fact of change as a way of life, rather than an untoward and annoying exception. (Mythical Man Month page 117)

-When’s the last time you REALLY sat and thought about how you want to be remembered, or how you want people to see you? When’s the last time you wrote it down?

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

-when talking about gender representation in fields, are people hoping for 50/50? With any luck, the majority of women get to be stay at home moms, do the numbers take that into account?...

No comments:

Post a Comment