Random Thoughts 31.5 (8/7/2012)


So I forgot to include the random thoughts I wrote in my phone. Rather then add them in, here’s a half post.

Wednesday, July 04, 2012
- Had an interesting day with Alicia. We saw Spiderman, and I feel like she positioned herself so I could hold her hand, but I was afraid to. I thought, “Why didn't I just grab her hand like how I would do with people in the past?” But it was probably good that I didn’t. That night we had a deep chat about how she’d been dating Marcus, but no officially, and he doesn't make her feel needed. She was kind of bummed about it. Also in further retrospect, I now now (8/7/2012) that she doesn’t like me, so I was probably misreading the body language anyway.

Friday, July 06, 2012
- A good new motto I’d like to internalize. “If it's Thy will, I will.”

Sunday, July 08, 2012
- Teaching is like bearing your testimony. Where you plan out everything you're going to say, but then you get to the front and your mind goes blank.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012
- Alma 48:21 great imagery of reluctance to sin. “Compelled reluctantly”

Wednesday, July 11, 2012
- Think of, refer to, and treat sister-in-laws like sisters. Why in society do we care to differentiate them like they're some sort of different part of the family?

Wednesday, July 18, 2012
 I swear I let the same fly out the cards for many mornings in a row now. It's the same one that likes to attack the right side of my face when I start the car haha.

Sunday, July 22, 2012
- Buy a fan to carry in your backpack, it’s fun to have random items people around you would benefit from (in this case, on a hot day.)
- At ward prayer the story was told of a pregnant wife who wanted to do something to help her overworked husband, so she decided to mow the lawn. It was super hard to push it around and it was taking hours but she was almost done by the time her husband got home and stopped her. As he took over she asked what the second handle he was using did, and it was the throttle to make the lawnmower drive forward itself. They used this as an example to the gospel. I don't want to get to Heavenly Father's presence and explain why I didn't use the atonement during hard times. Why I struggled to push through life alone when I knew there was help within reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment